NEW YORK, NY – February 2, 2016 – Ready. Set. Shack! This February, Shack Track & Field NYC chapters and its run partner JackRabbit are encouraging you to get out there and lace up for a week-long series of events starting February 9th to celebrate the upcoming movie premiere of RACE. Your motivation: high-5’s, easy miles, exclusive events, Shack swag and more!
RACE, starring Stephan James and Jason Sudeikis, is a film about athlete Jesse Owens, who won a record-breaking four gold medals at the 1936 Berlin Games. Shake Shack is proud to partner with such an inspirational film and offer a unique week of experiences with our running community. Check out the trailer here.
Here’s the full line-up of Shack Track & Field events starting February 9th:
SHACK TRACK & FIELD X JACKRABBIT MID-WEEK RUN
Tuesday, February 9th at 7 PM, we’ll kick off the week with our monthly STF run at the Upper East Side and Battery Park City Shacks. Both runs are about 3-5 miles and the first drink is on us! What will make this run even sweeter? We’ll be giving the first 15 attendees an exclusiveRACE running shirt provided by Under Armour, and all who wear the Shack Track & Field performance tee will receive a free scoop of custard. Open to all ages and abilities. Bag drop available. Pick your mid-week run:
- Upper East Side RSVP here
- Tuesday, February 9thmeet at 6:45 PM for a 7 PM start
- Meet at JackRabbit (1255 Lexington Avenue) and end at the Upper East Side Shack (154 East 86th Street)
- Course: 3-5 mile run through Central Park
- Battery Park City RSVP here
- Tuesday, February 9th meet at 6:45 PM for a 7 PM start
- Meet at either JackRabbit Union Square (42 W 14th Street) ORthe Battery Park City Shack (215 Murray Street), and both runs end at the Battery Park City Shack (215 Murray Street)
- Course: 3-5 mile run through the streets of Manhattan or along the West Side Highway Running Path
EXCLUSIVE RACE MOVIE SCREENING WITH SHAKE SHACK AT AMC ORPHEUM 7
Wednesday, February 10th at 7 PM, join Shake Shack for an exclusive movie screening ofRACE at the AMC Orpheum 7 (1538 Third Ave at 86th St). Hang with your fellow running comrades or come out to enjoy the movie and learn what Shack Track & Field is all about. Attendees who RSVP will be decked out in Shack swag. Limited to the first 200 who RSVP here.
SHACK TRACK & FIELD X JACKRABBIT SATURDAY FUN RUN
Saturday, February 13th, Shack Track & Field and JackRabbit are teaming up for a weekend fun run. All participants will receive a complementary voucher for a breakfast sandwich from Shake Shack, and the first 100 participants will be given an exclusive RACE running shirt provided by Under Armour. Open to all ages and abilities. Bag drop will be available. Runners choose your course and RSVP here:
- Upper East Side 14-Mile Run
- Saturday, February 13thmeet at 7:45 AM to begin at 8 AM
- Meet at JackRabbit (1255 Lexington Ave) and end at the Grand Central Terminal Shake Shack (49 Lower Level Dining Concourse)
- Course: 14 miles through Central Park and Manhattan
- Midtown East 3-Mile Run
- Saturday, February 13that meet at 8:45 AM to begin at 9 AM
- Meet at JackRabbit 3rdAve (1051 Third Ave) and end at the Grand Central Terminal Shake Shack (49 Lower Level Dining Concourse)
- Course: 3 miles through the streets of Manhattan
Shack Track & Field is a free community fitness club powered by Shake Shack and open to all ages and abilities. The Shack Track & Field group meets on the second Tuesday of each month for group runs and bike rides in NYC, Philadelphia, Washington D.C., Baltimore and Chicago. Learn more at facebook.com/ShackTrackAndField.
About Shake Shack
Shake Shack is a modern day “roadside” burger stand known for its 100% all-natural, antibiotic-free Angus beef burgers (no hormones added ever), hot dogs, frozen custard, crinkle cut fries, beer and wine (available at select locations), and more. With its fresh, simple, high-quality food at a great value, Shake Shack is a fun and lively community-gathering place with widespread appeal. From its premium ingredients and caring hiring practices to its environmentally responsible designs and deep community investment, Shake Shack’s mission is to Stand For Something Good. Since the original Shack opened in 2004 in NYC’s Madison Square Park, the company has opened multiple locations in 12 states and the District of Columbia, as well as international locations including in London, Istanbul, Dubai, Moscow and more.
For all media inquiries, please contact:
Laura Enoch | Shake Shack | 646.747.7249 | [email protected]